“The essence of permaculture is the thoughtful and appropriate placement of these elements such that they are in positive synergistic relationships with each other and that they function as natural ecosystems do: closed loop cycles, complex and diverse interrelationships, each element playing a multiplicity of roles in the system, and the creation of balance”. The urban Farmer
Organic agriculture is a production system that sustains the health of soils, ecosystems and people. It relies on ecological processes, biodiversity and cycles adapted to local conditions, rather than the use of inputs with adverse effects.The curriculum of our training courses is based on various work experiences and educational trainings that our educator team have undertaken via their time at educational centers, civil organizations and universities with approaches in Permaculture, Agroecology, Alternative Education and Resource Management. The following are several of our influential learning institutions:
- Mesoamerican Institute of Permaculture. I.M.A.P. Guatemala.
- Sustainable Settlement Course + Permaculture Design Course. CASA. Colombia.
- Faculty of Agronomy at the University of San Carlos. USAC. Guatemala.
- SERES. 501-c-3 Nonprofit. Guatemala and El Salvador.
- INTECAP. Trade school. Guatemala
- Microbiology and Organic Agriculture Certified Course. Mexico.